I have two years of undergraduate research experience in software development in Python
and I am passionate about building and maintaining software that is capable of
processing large amounts of data. I graduated Cum Laude in May 2019
from St. Olaf College (USA) in Computer Science with a minor in Statistics.
I am passionate about developing scalable and reliable software running in modern environments like Docker containers.
My experience includes developing software in C++ and Java, implementing and using machine learning algorithms in the R language,
and setting up web servers and reverse proxies using NGINX and Gunicorn.
Below, you can find a few of my latest projects by language:
- Web Development on High Performance Computing in Context (HiPerCiC) project at St. Olaf College led by a faculty member.
This my undegraduate research position in software development.
Since the code is closed source, here are some statistics describing my contributions:
- Object-Oriented programming
- Set up 3 virtual machines, two running production code
- Automated continuous integration and deployment to staging and production
- Designed reverse proxying to 6 VMs and set up SSL termination at each VM
- Followed Audrey Roy and Daniel Roy Greenfeld’s Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.11 and other materials on best practices with Python and Django
- Pioneered deployment to clusters (Kubernetes on premise and in Google Cloud)
- Leader of a team with four other students, reported to faculty member who founded and directed the project
- Python package development (click) and data generation using Python’s Pandas and geospatial data while interning at Sygic
- Wrote a RESTful multi threaded Java web-server that served a phone application we developed called Peckish
- Machine Learning: Student performance analysis (click) in collaboration with Bridget Koehler and Evan Holmes, used a dataset from UCI and various algorithms (My sections are Linear Model, SVM, Hierarchical Cluster) to analyze student performance in two schools in Portugal. This was a final project for a class at St. Olaf College
- Airbnb Price Influencer Analysis (click) in collaboration with Xiaotian Fan, used a dataset from insideairbnb.com to analyze which factors influence the price of an Airbnb listing for places in Amsterdam, the Netherderlands. This was also a final project for a class at St. Olaf College.